Follow, implement daily curriculum and evaluate the physical and developmental needs of the children in the classroom. This person must be able to relate well to both children and adults in a patient, calm manner to effectively supervise staff assisting in the classroom and be sensitive to the needs of individual children.
• Follow curriculum and implement daily program with appropriate developmental experiences for the age group of the children assigned.
• Maintain a safe physical environment conducive to child growth and development by ensuring appropriate response to children’s emotional, social and physical needs.
• Help children learn to adapt, cope and accumulate confidence in their abilities.
• Provide love, care and protection for each child.
• Consider and provide for the needs of each child in relationship to their individual learning style and pace of learning.
• Ensure that equipment and materials are accessible, appropriate and in good condition.
• Maintain a professional image that promotes the values of the organization at all times.
• Make daily observations of the health of children, reporting conditions that require attention; administer first aid when necessary.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents.
• Hold regular parent-teacher conferences to engage and involve parents with our program and the development of their child.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with co-workers.
• Participate in staff meetings and in-service trainings.
• Maintain professional development requirements annually.
• Supervise and encourage the development of assistant teachers and volunteers in the classroom.
• In collaboration with the Program Director, offer guidance to assistants in maintaining their professional development requirements.
• Cooperate with Program Director in evaluation of assistants.
• Maintain and ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines for all teachers in assigned classroom.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strategic Agility—Is future oriented and can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities.
• Creativity—Analyzes problems/needs and creates breakthrough solutions.
• Priority Setting—Creates focus and can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
• Integrity and Trust—Keeps confidences and can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
Part time, hourly (up to 29 hours per week).
For our city.
For the world.